The Witch’s House MV Free Download
About This Game
The Witch’s House, originally released in 2012, falls within the tradition of Japanese horror RPGs with heavy emphasis on puzzle-solving and jump scares. Among other entries in the genre such as Ib and Ao Oni, The Witch’s House surprised fans with pixel-art that conceals truly frightening horror.
The Witch’s House is deliberately designed with traps at *almost* every turn–sudden death is unpredictable and it keeps players on their toes. Anything can happen at any time.
With completely remastered visuals, The Witch’s House MV will feel fresh to even the most familiar old-school fans. Fans will also be greeted by a new difficulty mode that includes new events upon completion of the base game.
- A horror atmosphere wherein players solve puzzles based on clues found in the house.
- Completely reimagined graphics that make for a beautifully terrifying experience.
- Brand new unlockable difficulty mode with new events and dialogue.
- Violence and gore that are not recommended for the squeamish. Player discretion advised.
- Sudden deaths that lurk around every corner and await every misstep.
- Items must be used deliberately as players solve the puzzles for themselves.
- Fixed save points (just keep an eye out for the talking black cat).
- Game pads are supported and recommended.
- Head phones *strongly* recommended.
Hello. I’m Fummy, creator of The Witch’s House MV.
I’m happy to announce that we’re finally ready to release the game.
The Witch’s House MV is an RPG Maker MV remake of the original game, which was released back in 2012.
We remade all the graphics, including map tiles and character sprites, and worked hard to enhance the atmosphere and 2D beauty in The Witch’s House. It took us five times as many hours to create this version, but we feel like we’ve finally managed to satisfy ourselves.
Aside from graphical improvements, we also added two new difficulty settings that was not present in the free version.
The first difficulty setting is a more accessible one that allows you to instantly retry. The other difficulty setting is a more difficult one which is only unlocked by those who manage to reach the game’s true ending.
- “The normal difficulty isn’t enough to satisfy me…”
- “I’m not averse to instantly dying upon reaching new areas.”
If either of these describe you, then we recommend you give this new difficulty a try. You also may be able to uncover some new story bits concerning “her”…
The world of The Witch’s House has been reborn anew, and we sincerely hope you’ll all enjoy it.
My name is Dan Stern and I’m the Scholar of the First Deal at DANGEN Entertainment (sounds fancy, but it means I work with the devs to get their games released so you can play them).
Japan has a longer tradition in 16-bit horror games because of the variety of games that was released on the Super Famicom. But that wasn’t something I experienced because of growing up in the West. It wasn’t until I discovered The Witch’s House some years ago that I learned 16-bit games can scare me just as well as high-res AAA games made in 3D. I learned that even in pixel-art, horror is possible; it just depends on the creator’s mastery of atmosphere and timing. Fummy-san absolutely has that mastery and as silly as it sounds, I’ve never had so much fun dying a lot in a video game.
I was ecstatic to find out that not only is there a remaster of my favorite indie horror classic, but that DANGEN could help to get that game in front of fans that I know will love it. Playing The Witch’s House MV feels like a totally new experience and I’m sure you’ll have fun with the new content after you finish your first playthrough.
“Amidst the surge of indie titles proving that big budgets and showy graphics are not the key to great horror games, The Witch’s House MV stands testament.”
Title: The Witch’s House MV
Genre: Adventure, Casual, Indie, RPG
Release Date: 31 Oct, 2018
- OS: Windows Vista / 7 / 8
- Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 2.0 GHz equivalent or faster processor
- Memory: 512 MB RAM
- Graphics: GPU supporting OpenGL
- Storage: 600 MB available space
Free Download The Witch’s House MV
Full Game, latest version. Download for Free!
[ Direct download link (PC) ]